Need to Know
The Next Generation Standards are good for teachers because:
- They allow for more focused professional development and promote collaboration.
- They can inform the development of a curriculum that promotes deep understanding for all children.
- They can give educators more time to focus on depth of understanding and richer units of study rather than focusing on "fitting everything in".
These videos provide examples documenting the history of the rollout of the Next Generation Standards in West Virginia.
- West Virginia Teachers who wrote the state standards
- Kindergarten Teachers using the new standards in their classrooms:
- Professional Development for Teachers
- Achieve the Core
Free content and practical tools for educators to help them understand and implement the Common Core State Standards.
EngangeNY is maintained by the NY State Education Department of Education for the purpose of housing materials and resources related to the Common Core Learning Standards, Teacher and Leader Effectiveness and Data-Driven Instruction.
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
Learn about why the Common Core is important and understand how it was created to help prepare students for success.
- Next Generation Standards Examples
Search by grade/course, objectives or clusters for samples of WV Next Generation Standards.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
Explore how this state-led consortium is developing next-generation assessments to accurately measure students as they progress toward college- and career-readiness.